Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Apparently its just not a great season
right now! My aunt is dying of lung cancer. She has been since last year and i am thankful that she is still here. I hurt because I have not been to see her since she started chemo. Since i have 5 kids it ALWAYS seems like one or the other has something and i would hate to be the one to cause her death by a small bug i didnt think anything of! To be honest this is one problem i never faced when mom was dying. Today i found out that her husband melvin has stage 4 liver cancer. Last wed he had half his colon removed to take the cancer out of that. We dont know how much time he has left but my heart is breaking again for both of them. And to be honest for me. Its just so hard to lose the people you love and knowing how much pain and sickness they are going through in order to fight this its just so heartbreaking. I am glad they are fighting but i do wish it wasnt so physically sickening. I am feeling overwhelmed by all the sickness and death right now. My friend lost her 4 year old son 2 weeks ago Thurs and that was so devestating. I could not not be there when i could be for her. She lives 2 hours away but i cant even begin to imagine the pain she is still dealing with today. Some days life is just so, so, so painful. I keep reminding myself though that they are in a better place and that we will all laugh together again one day in heaven! Watching even second hand all the chemo treatments and the fight to live reminds me of my mother and that is hard in a way also. Being so much younger i missed so much stuff with hers. I am also dealing with being angry with my family for not sharing this stuff. Its important to keep in touch!! Please if you are reading this remember your family and pick up the phone or email and get in touch with your family. They wont be here forever and speaking from experience it can be hard to reconnect with your family when you lose the connection!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment