Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We didnt do a whole lot today. I told the kids they couldnt go fishing unless they cleaned up the living room. It didnt get done :( Very sad but they need to learn to follow directions. It worked out ok as i ended up being able to go work tonight which is very nice for me (and my gas tank!) I am going through coupon withdrawal. I ended up not getting the nail polish. I did think about going after i worked but the kids were not being very nice and already acting crazy so i was not taking them anywhere with me!! So not only did they not get to go fishing but they get no tv for a week!! Fitting punishment for mimicing some of the behaviour they have seen plus i will enjoy not listening to the tv!! Am i mean or what? I really just spent a lot of time lazing around w/dh today and not much else. Tomorrow i will be working hard on the house and the laundry is going to be my top priority. I think i am going to shoot for a yardsale here this weekend and depending on what happens i may try next sat at my inlaws; though i may change my mind. My inlaws have the whole fenced in yard for the kids to play in; downside no swingset so its def a tossup. People out this way might actually enjoy a yardsale so i guess we will see. I do need to see if the fridge is working. If that is its a fairly big ticket item to put out there. And with not too huge of a price its a nice looking fridge even for a "beer cooler" in a garage. Of course being white that could be a drawback for some people but i guess time will tell!!
We did take some time to think about what memorial day is for and to be grateful that God has blessed us by letting us be here. I admit there are some aspects to being a "spoiled american" that i enjoy!! Toilet paper would be one really big thing!! Love it :) So i hope you thought about what today was all about at least once and that your day was nice. I posted another post about haggling so i would love your thoughts about that :) or any of my posts!

No comments: